Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blogging. Why?

Well, I've talked about why or what I'd be blogging about. Things that are relevant to me. So, why is that important? Why is relevance important? Well, from my humble opinion relevance is the crux of the importance of blogs. Sure, we're typing away and potentially no one will read what we write.

BUT--if it is relevant to someone else, they might. There's an inherent power in the concept of relevance. It creates a congregation and aggregation and summarization of relevant articles. For example, the political race in the US for the Democractic Nominee. We've all seen the articles, watched the news day in and day out. Every week the message is different. Why? Does the relevance or importance of yesterday's message disappear? No. So, over time if we can aggregate all that information we can then make a more informed decision.

Meh...I've been rambling. I think I've been on overload with papers and projects in and out of school that I forgot what I was going to write about. Which I just remembered...time for a new blog post.

No comments: