Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Generation of Opportunists

So, the title was catchy. But, not really relevant to the text in here. I've been in communiblogo recently. I apologize for that. If anything I should have been blogging more about all the fun and interesting things that have happened.

As a recap:
My hurdler, Gary Sims, has been running phenomenally. In the 110 High Hurdles, he's down to 14.48. This is really a very fast time for a first year college high hurdler. As some of you know, the hurdles get higher in college....I just wish he could get his grades up to monopolize on his athletic talents. I'm finding myself mentoring him more on work ethic than how to be technically perfect in the hurdles.

The track team that I coach went to Delhi, New York to compete in the NJCAA Division III National Championships. The end result was a national title. This is a Back to Back victory for Renee Zellner, the head coach of Harper Track team. This has been a great honor to be a part of the team for this year (which could have only been possible given my current standing of Full-Time Graduate Student)

What else.....ah...I've been forced to expand my internet experience to Second Life. When I say force, I really mean pushed. It has been interesting and I've travelled to see Versailles, The Acropolis, The Statue of Liberty, Accenture, to name only a few places.

How is this relevant? Well. As a start, the fact I'm writing this and it is stored is internet marketing in one sense or another...but I digress. It really isn't relevant, the main blog will be posted shortly.

No comments: