Monday, April 28, 2008

Doogie Carson, MD

So, I kind of feel like the concept of a blog is really a virtual diary. Outlining one's thoughts, hopes, past, experiences, etc. Basically like Doogie Howser, MD worked. So, that's how the title relates.

Today I was coaching at Harper and found out there was a bomb threat. What is going on these days that these threats are becoming so prevalent. Beyond that, my hurdler broke a stadium record over the weekend with a 14.66. So, congrats Gary Sims. My other hurdler, Anthony Simone, also did well in the 400 hurdles, he just needs to get it in his head that he's capable of running fast.

Have you ever tutored or mentored someone that has more potential--more innate ability--more anything than you? Sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough to coach someone like that--other times I feel blessed to know people like that--sometimes I feel jealous.

No comments: