Sunday, November 30, 2008

Upcoming Posts....

Well, I finished my 2nd Master's degree. Exciting news. But, what I want to do is re-learn the material that I've likely forgotten...or never learned while simultaneously indexing this information for myself and others. After all, what's knowledge worth if you can't at least teach someone else what you've learned. I know I have more left to learn from others....so much that it is overwhelming to think of how it'll all fit without forgetting stuff.

I will also shortly be posting on the new Harvard Business Review Case, "From Steve to Stephanie." This will be an interesting case...as we are definitely in need of being more aware of diversity in the workforce and how to behave appropriately.

But, back on point. The material will be indexed from various textbooks. This could take a matter of months...but most likely at least 1 year. After all, I spent over 3 years learning all this stuff the first time through.

The material ranges from all of your standard business practices:


  • Accounting - mostly just Activity-Based Accounting (ABC)

  • Economics

  • Finance


    • Financial Analysis & Decision Making

    • Investment Management

    • National and International Finanacial Management


  • Business Law/Ethics

  • Leadership Management

  • Marketing

  • Information Technology Management

  • Operations Management

  • Competitive Strategy



To more technical material:

  • Usability Engineering

  • Information Security Management

  • Building Internet Applications with ASP.NET and C#

  • Database Design

  • Internet Marketing

  • Information Systems Project Management

  • Systems Analysis and Design

  • E-Business Strategies

  • Business Architecture Techniques

  • Voice/Data Networking



If there are specific areas of interest I can start on a particular topic. But, they will be indexed with fairly understandable tagging methods so it can be accessed pretty easily.

Otherwise I'll just start from the left of my bookshelf and work my way right over the coming months/years. Each post will have a top level tag like "Internet Marketing" and will then have secondary tags identifying chapters or topics covered in the post.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving (for those of us in the United States) and at least a great week or weekend for those of you out of the US that don't celebrate turkey day.

No comments: