Sunday, June 15, 2008

Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock

Well, I must admit that I'm a big fan of the new Guitar Hero Game, Legends of Rock. If you want to actually check out their website it can be found here. But the basic concept is that you play the guitar.

Some of you may have read the Harvard Business Case study that talked about the open source electronic gaming system that had a "music synthethizer". Should they do open-source? Of course, I'm no expert. But, of course the answer is yes. Now, they need to have a standardized API set....but people that are passionate about improving their existing technology are always going to be very careful in their development. So, it is a great strategy to open up the software to outside developers.

I just realized that this blog is a perfect avenue to answer all the HBR case studies....maybe I'll be more in depth on the next one or two. Since the digital music device case is a couple months old I should be able to do that fairly quickly here.

No comments: