Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Podcasts

So, I may have gone a bit overboard. I finally caught up with my podcasts last May and was doing a pretty good job of keeping up to date. So much so that I was able to listen to a couple of audiobooks.

Randy Pausch - The Last Lecture
we all know who this is...and the book. I definitely recommend the book.

Elizabeth Kostova - The Historian
This was a fictional book about Dracula. If you're remotely interested in the genre I recommend it. It is a mix of Steve Berry's The Templar Legacy and The Davinci Code. Of course, it does have the context of being about vampires.

But, I found a bunch of new podcasts that I recommend:

**Just as a disclaimer. I haven't listented to all of these yet. I downloaded them yesterday. Also, this isn't a complete listing of all the podcasts I listen to. As such, most of my listenting is in the passive sense. Sort of like talk radio playing in the background. Your ears perk up when you hear something interesting.

Please leave me comments if you have any other suggestions. I may be listening to those suggestions already...but it is always very good to get feedback.

Marketing:

  • Ad Age Video

  • DishyMix: Success Secrets from Famous Media and Internet Business Executives

  • Internet Marketing: Insider tips and advice for Online Marketing

  • Managing the Gray - Marketing for the New Media Professional

  • SEO 101 | The Beginning SEO Podcast

  • Web Marketing Strategies, SEO, Web 2.0 Trends and Tips

Business and Management:
  • BusinessWeek: Inside Wall Street

  • BusinessWeek: Luxury Leaders

  • BusinessWeek: The Debate Room

  • BusinessWeek: Customer Service Champs

  • David Maister's Business Masterclass

  • Fearless Millionaire: Law of Attraction

  • Forte Forum: The MBA Value Proposition

  • Harvard Business Review: Editor's Preview

  • InvestTalk: Advice in Money Managment, Investing, Financial Planning, Retirement, and the Stock Market

  • The Look and Sound of Leadership

  • Mercer Wealth Solutions SuperTalk

  • Secrets of the Job Hunt

Project Management:
  • PM Lessons Learned

  • pm411.org Project Management Podcast

  • Project Management Methodology: Articles and Videos

2 comments:

Kasia said...

I have listened to 'The Historian' on audiobook and liked it a lot. I have the book at home - it's huge. The mp3s were much easier to carry to the beach :D

The Carsonator said...

I'm glad someone else has heard of it!! I keep telling people about it... definitely right about the beach.

Are there any other books you'd recommend?