Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oregon....part 2

The last post was of Portland, Oregon. This is a post of Oregon in general. Pictures from all over. Still taken solely from my iPhone. Once again...these picture are taking 5-6 times AT LEAST to upload. So, I may get frustrated and limit the pictures. I apologize for my frustrations....

On the way to the Trail of 10 Waterfalls in Silver Falls Park. These are some BIG confiers people.
trees

I believe this is the North Falls. Those little dots are people. So, kind of neat to be able to walk behind the falls.
North Falls

My Uncle Dan contemplating the falls.
Dan in Contemplation

A picture of the water feeding the falls. Sort of a neat pic I think with my Uncle and cousin crossing the creek.
crossing the creek

My cousin Sabrina and Uncle Dan and I at another falls. Unfortunately, my cousin Brian was taking the pic...
family pic

Neat picture of one of the trees.
interesting and tall tree

These trees are mossy!!!
mossy trees

Family just hanging out by the creek.
family resting on the trail

Just one of the signs...yep, it rains and moss grows in Oregon.
mossy sign

Another Falls (The Lower North Falls). Another one of the falls that can be walked under.
Lower North Falls

On the way back from the falls we passed many interesting little shops. We drove through the town that the "Homeward Bound" movie storyline was developed. We passed fields of wild flowers that were really beautiful. But, I thought this was the most interesting. Out in the middle of nowhere was this Inn and Restaurant, the Glockenspiel....who would have guessed...that little wooden children in swings could be so ominous and creepy.
The Glockenspiel


My next posting will have pictures from the Rose Garden in Portland (its famous) and some of the pics from the Pittock Mansion.

No comments: