Monday, September 1, 2008

Pictures on the way to Oregon

First, all of these photos were taken with my iPhone. So, they aren't the 10 MegaPixel pictures that are super clear....but good enough I think.

Some of you may know my itinerary, some may not. So, I've already posted some pictures from my trip to Penn State. Unfortunately, I didn't really take many pictures of my trip to Dayton, OH. But, it was mostly business as I was working on getting one of my tenants out of my condo and a new one back into the condo. So, the pictures that follow are from my travels via Amtrak from Chicago, Il to Portland, OR. Then some pictures while in Oregon. After that, I made my way to Albaquerque, NM (did I spell that right?) via a stopover in Los Angeles, CA. Then home. My summer travels took me through 18 different states this summer. Thats a lot of states....

Many of these pictures you will see in the coming posts were taken either from the Amtrak train or in a car....anyway, here they are.

This is the story of Havre, ND. I thought this was interesting...and may prefer the original city name of Bull Hook Bottoms.

Havre, ND story

At this point a very negative Native American man had boarded the train. This may have actually happened in Havre, ND (if memory serves me). So, this gentleman had to tell me about his troubled past while I was obviously trying to take in the scenery of the Rocky Mountains. I did tell him that I will likely never take this trip again. He didn't seem bothered by that. So, I had to make my way to the Observation car. Oh well. This was a shot of a bridge. Nothing spectacular. But interesting.



This was a shot of sunset in the Rockies. I thought it was an interesting mix of light and dark. So, this was the end of the 2nd day on the Amtrak Train on my trip. The next day I have some great shots of the Columbia River (a la Lewis and Clark)

No comments: