Thursday, September 4, 2008

Portland Rose Garden and the Pittock Mansion

Before I move on to Chapter 2 in the PMBOK or the August Case Study in the HBR I need to post some more pictures of my summer adventure. Once again all of these photos were taken with my iPhone. So, the image may not be "perfect" quality....but it can put in in the perspective of being there...or wanting to be there.

The first section is from the Rose Garden. I took a ton of pictures while I was here...and they were mostly for Michelle....if you saw the earlier picture she did for me of "Superwoman" that I posted in June (I think). Anyway...I'm posting some of the pics that I thought were kind of special or at least demonstrated how big this Rose Garden in Portland was.

This was just one of the Rose Garden Signs. There were many different signs representing the different areas of the rose gardens.
rose garden 1

Obviously this is just a picture of one of the fields of roses. I wanted to capture the enormity of the area.
rose garden 2


rose garden 3

rose garden 4

rose garden 5

Doesn't this rose look sort of like it belongs on cake frosting?
rose frosting

rose garden 6

old lightposts

ladies room at the rose garden

The Pittock Mansion sits above Portland. Kind of a neat old mansion. Here are a few of the pictures that I took of the Pittock Mansion and from the Pittock Mansion's backyard. Apparently this is a photogenic spot as when I was there wedding pictures were being taken as well.

As a kid I would go running with my grandpa in the Portland Hills and he lived roughly a mile away from the Pittock Mansion. So we would frequently walk up to the Pittock and then run in the forests down the hills and then walk back up. Afterwards we'd have hot chocolate and some crackers with cream cheese. Yum.

Description of the Pittock

This is a view of the front of the Pittock Mansion.
Front of the Pittock

This is the view from the backyard of the Pittock. Portland, Oregon.
View from the Pittock

This is a picture of the back of the Pittock. I made sure to take the wedding party out of the picture....they were defiitely having fun though.
Pittock Mansion from the back

This is the old Butler's quarters. It is actually built into the hill and has a lower level. From the lower level they would serve as a "security gate" and the main level would serve as the living quarters of the servents. I'm not sure no matter how wealthy I am in the future (or if I am) that I'd have servents. Seems odd in present day society.


Another picture of the front of the Pittock Mansion.
Pittock house front

This was the old carriage house at the Pittock. I think they've done a good job on this area...looks nice.
Pittock carriage house

In the next section I will post the pictures from the trip to Mt. St. Helens and while I was there.....man just thinking about that climb makes my knees hurt again.

No comments: