Tuesday, September 2, 2008

While in Oregon...Part 1.

Before I start, does everyong have to try and upload pictures like 5 times before they actually get uploaded???? Very annoying. Posting just these 9 pictures took me roughly 50 minutes. I would have posted more otherwise.

Once again...all these pictures were taken with my iPhone.....so they aren't the dazzling 10 Megapixel pictures. But, they get the message across I think. If you have any questions about Portland....or Oregon in general. I may be able to answer them, so shoot them over to me and I will respond to your inquiries.

First and foremost...while in Oregon expect to go for a walk and eat some blackberries while on your walk. This is a pic of what you may expect alongslide one of the walking paths. Lots of blackberries.
blackberry bush

Next...it was almost too hard to pass this by. Look at this handsome devil. Yep, that would be me. I can't place my age. But, I'm gonna go with seven.
me...age 7

This is a view of Portland from the new tram. Now I don't think that the tram will actually make any money....but it was kind of fun to ride it to the hospital. Very peculiar that a hospital would have a tram.
Portland from the tram

So, once again...there I am glaring back at you from the marble reflection. But, I thought this was a great statement. Be a great human being. I think this means that it is important for everyone to give something to society. Be that a smile, an invention, or just an idea.
nice poem

This is me hanging out with the statue in Pioneer Square. I think this is a dedication to the lovely weather of Portland. Of course there was hardly a cloud in the sky the day I was there...and possibly 90 degrees. But, we all know it rains in Portland.
at Pioneer Square

Don't you think that every bar in America should have this? I know I do.
iced bar

This is a picture of the NEW Pearl District in Portland. Obviously it isn't the entire district. But, it is a representation of what it is now. Modern....lots of lofts and condos. Very cool.
Pearl District

This is a neat old building that has some family history. My grandfather owned it and grew his business, Muckle Sales. Kind of neat. Unfortunate that it is not still owned by the family. But, even more unfortunate it isn't being used to its fullest. Right across the street from the Federal Building in Portland. Oh well....
Old Muckle Sales Building

One of Portland's famous Neon Signs...Made in Oregon.
made in Oregon sign

So, these pictures are a tiny experience of Portland, Oregon. My next posting will be of the wonderful nature that surrounds Portland.

No comments: