Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Telefomix interview...

So, I mentioned that I interviewed with Teleformix. Well, as to be expected it wasn't really the right fit (as someone looking to move beyond software engineering). I could do the job easy enough...and the person I sat down with said the same. "You can do the job, but I don't think you want this job. It isn't what fits for you. You want to do Project Management or Consulting. This is 8 hours in front of a computer. No customer interaction, etc."

Unfortunately, Ying (the interviewer) was correct. That isn't what I want. And he saw the highly likely issue of me leaving the company right after finishing the degree to move into a job that I would want. So, I had a fairly brief conversation with him. He seemed like a nice guy, and I do hope that he finds a good programmer with aspirations to only work behind a computer to fill the spot.

So, all in all...I think I learned that my resume actually has been tailored fairly well to strip away most of the software engineering lingo...and push towards a new career path that will help me climb to higher heights within an organization. Or at least have more responsibility and strategic input.

No comments: